Short post today as I have not really been home much.
Here is a photo of a flower from my visit to Warwick Castle that I subsequently “colour splashed”. I only learnt that term today, though I have seen plenty of people do it. I just did not know that it had a name.
All I did was randomly pick one of my flower pictures and then:
- In Photoshop duplicate it to a new layer
- Go to the Image menu, then adjustment, then Black and White to make the new layer a grayscale one
- Make the duplicate layer invisible
- Use the quick selection tool on the background layer to select out the front flower
- Make the new layer visible and click on it so my previous selection is active there
- Press the Delete key, and voila!
- Then I played with vibrancy and saturation on the background until I was happy with it.
Hope you like this simplistic tutorial. I am trying to make the most of my travel photos. :)