- Top level project lifecycle for new x-ray machine model
- 3D X-ray model – my project charter
- 3D x-ray model project – Phase2: Planning
- Control panel design for 3D x-ray model
- C-arm broad design for 3D x-ray model
- The bench design for the x-ray model
- X-ray model design – floor and ceiling mounts
- Let the modelling begin: the patient bench
- Started the C-arm modelling
- Small example of things not working in 3D modeling #Blender
- Fixed those few modelling challenges #Blender
- A little work on the C-Arm of the model #Blender
- Lessons Learnt: Unwrapping and moving textures from #Blender to #DAZStudio
- Textures for the C-arm model #Blender #DAZStudio
- Progress with the C-arm mount interface #Blender
- The control panel for the x-ray #Blender
- Ceiling mount added #Blender
- The model of the monitor is complete #Blender
- How did I make the x-ray machine model? #Blender
- User Testing – finalising my model of an x-ray machine #Blender #EuroPCR
So you may remember that we started this project with an overall plan that follows the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) approach to remodel a 3D likeness of an x-ray machine that I first modeled a year ago for a presentation at EuroPCR 2016 – the official annual meeting of the European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) and the world-leading Course in Interventional Cardiovascular Medicine. Here is the diagram of the plan:
I now feel that I have reached the Close part of the plan (at least until my skills improve and I can make a third attempt AND also given my my brother in law will be attending EuroPCT 2017 and I can create images for him using this now instead of my old model). So I need to do the Quality testing. My test user is obviously my brother-in-law Glenn. He had sent me some photos of the angles that he wanted to display the model for his presentation and asked me to add a patient. This was what I sent back..
The first two pictures suited his needs but the last two did not. He needed the top part to be closer to the patient. The reason for this was that it meant less radiation due to inverse square law. Then he gave me a bit of knowledge that was new to me: the top part can move to extend downwards.
I had the image intensifier as a solid part of the arm. This is what happens when an artist does not have a proper technical understanding of a machine. So I needed to disconnect it and stretch it and then assemble it next to, but not as part of, the arm. The reason I needed to stretch it was so that when it lowered it did not suddenly hang in space. This took a little while as I returned to blender. Outcome:
The response to this : “The 3rd one’s perfect. I’ll use that and the previous cranial ones. Good work.” So it passed testing.
And so more of my graphic work will turn up in Paris at EuroPCR. Cool!
I know that Glenn will give a marvelous presentation and I am happy that I can help in a small way.
Thanks for reading.