- Intentions for new picture
- Step one of new image: Basic Architecture using Sweet Home 3D
- Step Two of new image: a few home made textures
- Very basic introduction to Sweet Home 3D
- Step Three of new image: Displacement and specular maps
- Displacement maps finished
- Step Four of new image: Shields on walls and first light
- A few more minor additions to scene
- Step Five of new image: Adding and posing figures
- Step Six of new image: Lighting
- Finished! My new piece of art.
- Content used in “Unexpected”
I’m just sharing my intentions with you. Normally my art involves very little planning. I just play till something nice appears. Today I want to actually plan a picture and share the entire process with you. As I want to challenge myself on a few things, this will take a few weeks.
My goals with the picture are:
- to have dramatic lighting (think Caravaggio or Film Noir)
- to tell a story in the picture
- to construct all the architecture in Sweet Home 3D
- to create and use as many of my own textures as possible
- to UV Unwrap in Blender
- to understand and apply Displacement Mapping as a viable partner to Bump Mapping
- to have multiple people in the picture, each doing something
- to push my understanding of DAZ Studio’s lighting and shadow functionality
My initial thought for a picture is set in a corridor, late afternoon sunlight streaming through tall thin windows causing stripes of light and shadow. In the corridor are people in Renaissance/Fantasy outfits. I selected these elements because I believe that the clothing could be spectacular and the arrangement of colours interesting.
I will share the journey with you guys and hope that you will participate by giving me advice (both technical and artistic) as it progresses. I may ignore some of it. But I may not. However I will deeply consider every bit of it.
PS: Does anyone know why when I go to the WordPress reader and select “Blogs I follow” I am not seeing the posts from all the blogs that I follow?