- Intentions for new picture
- Step one of new image: Basic Architecture using Sweet Home 3D
- Step Two of new image: a few home made textures
- Very basic introduction to Sweet Home 3D
- Step Three of new image: Displacement and specular maps
- Displacement maps finished
- Step Four of new image: Shields on walls and first light
- A few more minor additions to scene
- Step Five of new image: Adding and posing figures
- Step Six of new image: Lighting
- Finished! My new piece of art.
- Content used in “Unexpected”
Just a quick note about my most recent step. I said that I wanted some shields on the walls. So I designed one in Inkscape using the first part of theÂ following wonderful video by Snowex’s B0XÂ as a guide:
Then I extruded the shield in Blender following the instructions of bugzilla2001Â in the following video:
Then I imported it five times into my DAZ Studio scene. In respect to the textures on the shields, I just used PowerPoint to make some simplistic images and imported them in as shown in previous posts on other objects.
I had intended to leave it at that, but felt that the corridor needed some ambience (mood my friends, some beautiful shadowy mood!).
So I made one spotlight outside the windows and a very faint one inside high up on the furthest corner of the room. Here is the result:
And for one certain reader out there… yes, I will look at a banner or two :)
Thanks everyone for your continued interest.