- Top level project lifecycle for new x-ray machine model
- 3D X-ray model – my project charter
- 3D x-ray model project – Phase2: Planning
- Control panel design for 3D x-ray model
- C-arm broad design for 3D x-ray model
- The bench design for the x-ray model
- X-ray model design – floor and ceiling mounts
- Let the modelling begin: the patient bench
- Started the C-arm modelling
- Small example of things not working in 3D modeling #Blender
- Fixed those few modelling challenges #Blender
- A little work on the C-Arm of the model #Blender
- Lessons Learnt: Unwrapping and moving textures from #Blender to #DAZStudio
- Textures for the C-arm model #Blender #DAZStudio
- Progress with the C-arm mount interface #Blender
- The control panel for the x-ray #Blender
- Ceiling mount added #Blender
- The model of the monitor is complete #Blender
- How did I make the x-ray machine model? #Blender
- User Testing – finalising my model of an x-ray machine #Blender #EuroPCR
I have spent so much time on this little component! It’s because I’ve made several versions of the C-arm mount interface, each unsatisfactory, and then started again. And each attempt now takes me about an hour. Wow am I faster or what!
So what made me so unhappy?
Well, I guess that none of them looked elegant enough for me. Some were too boxy. Other’s did not seem to fit the rest of the C-arm design. Anyway, eventually I came up with a version that I liked. Here it is:
Anyway, hope you like it.
OK – so what is the take-away from this?
Well, I know why I am getting faster. In almost every tutorial I have seen on Blender they talk about using hot-keys (shortcut-keys). I must admit that I didn’t really want to learn these keys. I have a lousy memory and the idea of learning more hit-keys was unattractive. This said, I did start doing so. Can’t tell you why because I don’t know. Just one day recently I said “What the heck” and did so. And behold – faster. So it is true. Learn the short cut keys.
As an aside, I apologise for my site being down. I only discovered that late this afternoon. Apparently part of my WordPress database had corrupted. So I had to do some techo work. Luckily it wasn’t that hard.
Thanks again for reading.