- Top level project lifecycle for new x-ray machine model
- 3D X-ray model – my project charter
- 3D x-ray model project – Phase2: Planning
- Control panel design for 3D x-ray model
- C-arm broad design for 3D x-ray model
- The bench design for the x-ray model
- X-ray model design – floor and ceiling mounts
- Let the modelling begin: the patient bench
- Started the C-arm modelling
- Small example of things not working in 3D modeling #Blender
- Fixed those few modelling challenges #Blender
- A little work on the C-Arm of the model #Blender
- Lessons Learnt: Unwrapping and moving textures from #Blender to #DAZStudio
- Textures for the C-arm model #Blender #DAZStudio
- Progress with the C-arm mount interface #Blender
- The control panel for the x-ray #Blender
- Ceiling mount added #Blender
- The model of the monitor is complete
- How did I make the x-ray machine model?
- User Testing – finalising my model of an x-ray machine
This is for those people out there who find Blender and DAZ Studio too difficult. This is for those of you who watch wonderful tutorials on YouTube, feel intimidated and say to yourself”Darn it, I’ll never be able to do that.”
Yes, instead of showing some finished work of wonder, I thought I would share my struggles to show that a lot of what you see is not the whole story. I’ve spent about 6 hours today trying to get my model of an x-ray bench unwrapped and textured. I’ve met all sorts of issues and problems.
So here is a picture of my bench sitting in Blender.
Here is an image of me trying to add some textures and look at it in DAZ Studio.
For some reason a lot of my textures did not come over. My bench has “webbing” in places (look at the front). I tried transferring from Blender to DAZ as both an obj and an fbx but had problems.
Anyway, it’s midnight now and I am tired. But I just wanted to show you guys this to show you that even those of us who have some Â experience have issues. Don’t let struggles stop you from learning these tools. I guarantee that most of you will waste countless hours on things that fail. But that is part of the entire learning process. Embrace it. I have learnt an awful lot today during this struggle.
So I am off to bed now. Have fun. Keep striving to be better.