- 2. Design for a 3D door model
- Art-nouveau door – commenced Blender work
- 3. Basic shape in place
- Progress on #Blender door as at 5 Nov 2017
- Baking my procedural texture #Blender
- Normal map now on brick wall
- Completely reworking Textures and normal map on door #Blender
- More of the door #Blender
- 4. Rigging to open and close properly
This is where I am at so far.
To achieve this I did the following:
- Created a block which I then made tall, broad and relatively thin. This would be the wall into which the door would be fitted.
- I used MS Word to create basic doorway and window shapes, converted these to 2D objects and basically cookie-cut the shape into the wall.
- The cookie-cutter shapes I then turned into the door itself and the window.
- I just used normal Blender rectangulat blocks to make the steps and skirting.
So the basic objects are all there. Now to start making it look real.