- Art-nouveau door – progress – rigging to open and close properly #Blender
- Art-nouveau door – general design for a 3D model
- Art-nouveau door – commenced Blender work
- A little progress on my art-nouveau doorway
- Progress on #Blender door as at 5 Nov 2017
- Baking my procedural texture #Blender
- Normal map now on brick wall #Blender
- Completely reworking Textures and normal map on door #Blender
- More of the door #Blender
I am delighted to say that I am ahead of this week’s plan as posted on Monday. The final thing I ticked off today was my goal of singing practice. I spent an hour this morning with my mate Jon practicing Dean Martin’s “Sway”, Frank Sinatra’s “Fly Me to the Moon” and Elvis’ “Can’t Help Falling in Love”. This left me the afternoon to work on some of my other projects. So I decided to commence a bit of Blender work on my art-nouveau doorway. The following three shots show where I have reached today.
You may remember that the original rough design done in PowerPoint was this:
Please note that it’s not my intention of creating a duplicate of the source image, merely something inspired by it.
I still have a lot to do, including proper doors and windows. But it’s a satisfying beginning.
As an aside, I now have a start date for my job: 6 November. Yippee! Good timing because my wife was told on Tuesday that her entire team was no longer required, effective immediately.
Thanks for reading.