- 2. Design for a 3D door model
- Art-nouveau door – commenced Blender work
- 3. Basic shape in place
- Progress on #Blender door as at 5 Nov 2017
- Baking my procedural texture #Blender
- Normal map now on brick wall
- Completely reworking Textures and normal map on door #Blender
- More of the door #Blender
- 4. Rigging to open and close properly
Despite being tired, I came home and used Photoshop to make a normal mapÂ of the brick wall. This is just a filter in Photoshop that I applied to theÂ skin I created earlier. Here is the normal map image:
For those of you new to 3D modeling, this will give me some depth in my final image. I had intended to create a displacement map, but I need to be able to subdivide my model and the strange shape f the model is causing me all sorts of problems. I may have to give up on that in the short term.
So now I’ve added it back into the scene. I’ve also added a few materials to the stairs. So this is where I am at so far.
I might need to make the normal map slightly weaker. I may also do some work on the stairs. They are using theÂ same materials and so the wear pattern is identical – which I find irritating.
Next, I need to work on the doors and windows.
I don’t believe that this will be a fancy art-nouveau door, but art-nouveau nevertheless.
Thanks for reading :)