- Art-nouveau door – progress – rigging to open and close properly #Blender
- Art-nouveau door – general design for a 3D model
- Art-nouveau door – commenced Blender work
- A little progress on my art-nouveau doorway
- Progress on #Blender door as at 5 Nov 2017
- Baking my procedural texture #Blender
- Normal map now on brick wall #Blender
- Completely reworking Textures and normal map on door #Blender
- More of the door #Blender
I was unable to do much door work this week until today. Mostly I worked on the door itself. This meant painting the actual door texture based loosely on the reference picture. So here is the reference picture:
And here is the texture I painted in Photoshop:
I tried to make it look “used” and also admit to tracing a little bit :)
I then turned it into a normal map:
Finally, I was unhappy with the fireflies that kept appearing when I rendered. I did some research and found that a larger light-source fixes the problem. So the new improved render looks like this:
I may take a bit of a break from the door for a little while now and come back to it sometime in the new year. I have a bit of a yearning to do some more arty stuff.
WordPress for Android issues
As an aside, I’ve been having issues with my WordPress reader on my android phone. For several (though not all) of your sites I cannot either like or post comments against your posts. For some sites I can only click the like. Then for other sites I am free to like and comment as much as I want. I know not why this strange discrimination, but given the fact I now rarely turn on my PC except for a weekend, it is proving very frustrating. I’m also not seeing all of your stories as they are posted and have to go looking for them (David and Dale, you seem to be in this group for me, and yet I am following you guys – strange).
Anyone experiencing similar? (David, I know from a previous exchange that you have difficulty posting on my site using your tablet).
Wishing you all well and thanks for reading.