I shall keep it brief because once again I am up late. I have made a simple control panel in Blender as per the plan. Just a panel with some buttons and a joystick. No great detail as not really needed. Here is how the entire thing is coming together (as rendered in DAZ Studio). As a bit of comparison, here is the attempt I made this time last year.
3D Models and Scenes
Hi folks, I have spent so much time on this little component! It’s because I’ve made several versions of the C-arm mount interface, each unsatisfactory, and then started again. And each attempt now takes me about an hour. Wow am I faster or what! So what made me so unhappy? Well, I guess that none of them looked elegant enough for me. Some were too boxy. Other’s did not seem
This is a really quick and easy process. First I will show you the end result: Nothing particularly special; mostly white. The Image Intensifier facing the x-ray tube has a black surface as per reference material. I’ve also placed a small blue line around its exterior. The x-Rray tube has a little blue sticker upon it. So the overall appearance is white and clean – suitable for a hospital. The
This is another post where I demonstrate my mistakes and the lessons that I learnt. So yes, this post is mostly for noobs like myself who are learning Blender. The topic revolves around “unwrapping” a model, exporting it and then importing it into another application. Think of “Unwrapping” as the process where you peel the skin off an object so that you can paint it and stick it back on
So today I started modeling the C-arm. Only spent an hour or so due to other responsibilities (i.e. housework and spending holiday time with my daughter). So no texturing or anything fancy. Just a few basic shapes that I thought that I would share so that you can see my progress. So a side view: A
So yesterday at midnight I left you all having reached a point of frustration. Let’s have a look at a picture of the state of my model as exported from Blender and imported into DAZ Studio (my favourite place to render things)” So few textures and strange webs at the pointy end of my benchtop. Then one of you very kindly pointed out to me the obj export options. I
Hi all, This is for those people out there who find Blender and DAZ Studio too difficult. This is for those of you who watch wonderful tutorials on YouTube, feel intimidated and say to yourself”Darn it, I’ll never be able to do that.” Yes, instead of showing some finished work of wonder, I thought I would share my struggles to show that a lot of what you see is not
I had intended to work next on the textures for the bench, but somehow found myself fiddling with the modelling. Anyway, here is tonight’s progress against the design.. As you can see, still a fair bit to go. I’m not happy with the beginnings of the x-ray tube part. Need to redo that. Yep – the more I look at the entire thing the more I can see things
Hi folks, Well, the general designs have been made and I have a broad date set (30 June 2017). So the next thing to do is actually start work. I chose to start with the patient bench. There is an excellent reason to do this: basically, I was reasonably happy with my original patient bench and felt that it should be reasonably easy to refine it to my needs. And
Just a quickie post for design purposes in this Blender project. I’ve made very simple designs of the floor and ceiling mounts that these things have. As per the other designs, these are based upon images taken of actual machines that I have found on the internet. There does appear to be a bit of a difference. Here is the floor mount structure: You’ll note that it is very simple.