Well, didn’t this go quickly? The project is almost complete;
Wow! Today was amazing. It’s like suddenly something clicked and I found myself achieving more in less time. The ceiling mount took me about half-an-hour. Admittedly I did spend an additional hour beforehand studying a number of videos regarding bending stuff in Blender. The reason was that I decided to try using a Bend modifier. This is different from how I formed the C-arm which is actually a curve. However
I shall keep it brief because once again I am up late. I have made a simple control panel in Blender as per the plan. Just a panel with some buttons and a joystick. No great detail as not really needed. Here is how the entire thing is coming together (as rendered in DAZ Studio). As a bit of comparison, here is the attempt I made this time last year.
Hi folks, I have spent so much time on this little component! It’s because I’ve made several versions of the C-arm mount interface, each unsatisfactory, and then started again. And each attempt now takes me about an hour. Wow am I faster or what! So what made me so unhappy? Well, I guess that none of them looked elegant enough for me. Some were too boxy. Other’s did not seem
This is another post where I demonstrate my mistakes and the lessons that I learnt. So yes, this post is mostly for noobs like myself who are learning Blender. The topic revolves around “unwrapping” a model, exporting it and then importing it into another application. Think of “Unwrapping” as the process where you peel the skin off an object so that you can paint it and stick it back on
So yesterday at midnight I left you all having reached a point of frustration. Let’s have a look at a picture of the state of my model as exported from Blender and imported into DAZ Studio (my favourite place to render things)” So few textures and strange webs at the pointy end of my benchtop. Then one of you very kindly pointed out to me the obj export options. I
Hi all, This is for those people out there who find Blender and DAZ Studio too difficult. This is for those of you who watch wonderful tutorials on YouTube, feel intimidated and say to yourself”Darn it, I’ll never be able to do that.” Yes, instead of showing some finished work of wonder, I thought I would share my struggles to show that a lot of what you see is not
Hi folks, Well, the general designs have been made and I have a broad date set (30 June 2017). So the next thing to do is actually start work. I chose to start with the patient bench. There is an excellent reason to do this: basically, I was reasonably happy with my original patient bench and felt that it should be reasonably easy to refine it to my needs. And
Just a quickie post for design purposes in this Blender project. I’ve made very simple designs of the floor and ceiling mounts that these things have. As per the other designs, these are based upon images taken of actual machines that I have found on the internet. There does appear to be a bit of a difference. Here is the floor mount structure: You’ll note that it is very simple.
Hi all, Below is a diagram where I have deconstructed the various photos and videos of X-Ray machine C-arms into their various components in preparation for my Blender build. Obviously there is a lot of guesswork involved, but it is all I need to go forward with this design. As you will see I have identified six discrete objects. I pondered a bit over the Image Intensifier and it’s interface